Thursday, June 09, 2005

Waking Up

I catch you as you quietly
try to slip away from me.
"Just stay awhile," I beg of you
but you ignore my plea.
You leave me lying in my bed,
sighing wistfully.

I yearn for you to linger on,
and kiss my tired eyes.
I know you've spent the night with me,
but with you, time just flies.
And now, just as the day begins,
I want you, I realize.

Just one more warm embrace, my love
A few moments with you.
Why must I let you go each morn?
Why must we part anew?
But go you must - so woefully,
I must bid you adieu.

I know you will come back to me,
And smooth my weary head.
Sweet Slumber, I love you so much,
'tis the mornings that I dread.
I only wish that I could sleep
Just a little longer in bed!

8 Comments:

Blogger bottled-imp said...

wow ano. great piece.

while reading it a second time after knowing the last lines, a thought came up. what if the sleep listens to you and embraces you for eternity? but by the time i came down, while the above thought still fresh in the head, i saw that you want it for 'just a little longer' and not for eternity.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Vivek Sharma said...

A good mushy poem:)!
"but with you, time just flies.
And now, just as the day begins,
I want you, I realize." were beautiful

6:14 AM  
Blogger Sumita said...

Ano
Lovely!!!!

the langorous pleasure of sleep.. sensual as hell

6:17 AM  
Blogger bharath said...

Sweet Slumber, I love you so much,
'tis the mornings that I dread.

awesome! my thoughts exactly. but also

laziness I cannot tell
how I love you so
its the routine work
that *won't* let me go

7:42 AM  
Blogger DilettanteMoi said...

aha!! you got me there!! ;) I was waiting for a raunchy ending!! silly me!!

that was a cute poem. I should frame it and put it in my bedroom!! :D

8:46 AM  
Blogger buckwaasur said...

lol...very nice...u had my dirty mind going in the wrong direction until the end...and the rhyme is so effortless and easy...how do u do it (and by that i mean rhyme :-P)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

You had me as well!! Hyuk hyuk!!

languid..sensual...hmmm simply sweet. :-)))

lollz @ funny and buck!!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey your excellent at peoms!keep it up! I'm sure u'll beome a gd poem writer ;)
p.s. i come from singapore

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home